Nowadays most of the English calendar is being used, but being an Odia, it is mandatory for us to know the name of all Odia Months. Today we are going to give information about all Odia Month Names as well as Odia Seasons in this article.
There are 2 Pakhya in every Odia month, i.e. Shukla Pakhya and Krushna Pakhya. Apart from this, there is a full moon and a new moon once in every month. Shukla Pakhya starts from the first day of new moon whenever Krushna Pakhya starts from the last day of new moon i.e. the first day of full moon.
Also Read: BSE Odisha 10th Class Math Book [PDF Download]
Odia Month Name List
According to the Odia calendar, there are total 12 months in a year, which starts from Baisakha month and ends in Chaitra month. Below you will find all Odia month name list.
All Odia month names are as follows:
Odia months names in English
- Baisakha (ବୈଶାଖ): Aril to May
- Jyestha (ଜ୍ୟୋଷ୍ଠ): May to June
- Asadha (ଆଷାଢ଼): June to July
- Srabana (ଶ୍ରାବଣ): July to August
- Bhadraba (ଭାଦ୍ରବ): August to September
- Aaswina (ଆଶ୍ୱିନ): September to October
- Kartika (କାର୍ତ୍ତିକ): October to November
- Margashira (ମାର୍ଗଶିର): October to November
- Pausha (ପୌଷ): November to December
- Magha (ମାଘ): February to March
- Phalguna (ଫାଲଗୁନ): March to April
- Chaitra (ଚୈତ୍ର): April to May
Odisha Board 1 to 10 class books [All E-Book PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 12 months in Odia?
English Month is from January to December but Odia Month is from Baisakha (ବୈଶାଖ) to Chaitra (ଚୈତ୍ର).
How many Odia month?
There are total 12 Odia Months as per Odia Calendar.
How many RUTU are there in Odia?
There are 6 RUTU(seasons) in Odia.
Which month is celebrated as New Year in Odia calendar?
According to the Oriya calendar, the new year is celebrated on Chaitra Shukla Pratipada.